Here is a simple way to backup your containers.
The LVM storage is limited in space, so we will use a dedicated container to make backups.
First, create a dedicated container. In our example we will use the id 200, and IP address 192.168.0.200, with 100GB of disk space.
Once the container is started, connect on the host:
# vzctl enter 200 # mkdir backup
Create a Directory
Go to the Proxmox interface
- Click on Datacenter
- Click on Storage
- Click on Add, and choose Directory
- Set ID: backup
- Set Directory: /var/lib/vz/root/200/backup
- Choose content Backups
- Then Add the directory
Create a Backup
- Click on Backup
- Click on Add
- Select backup directory previously created
- Set the days and start time to make backup
- Choose the containers you wish to backup. (Don’t select the backup container)
- Enter add email to get status notification
- Click on Create
Copy backups on another server
To guarantee a good protection, it is important to copy backups on another server .